This post comes from a blog I watch regularly on my Twitter feed: Integrated Nutrition. The blog post is about "Primary Food". It is a helpful look at keeping a whole person view of health. As the post says, you can be eating all healthy foods and still not feel truly healthy if other key areas are out of whack. Their key point is here (they are pretty weak on the source of Spiritual power but we know where that comes from):
The bottom line is: when you are nourished and happy in the ways that truly matter, food becomes secondary.
Here are some of the things we consider to be Primary Foods:
- Regular physical movement
- Meaningful positive relationships
- Fulfilling work
- Some form of spiritual connection (whatever that means for you)
- Following your personal passions
- Non-dietary forms of self-care
- Playfulness, creativity, and fun
Some simple things to work on. May be good to start where you have strengths and are doing well and affirm your positives and then build off the strengths into the areas that are weaker.