Resources and Handouts for RTD Pilot Project.
The links below are for various handouts and other resources from the kick-off workshops and more. I use Dropbox. Please contact me if you have any trouble with downloads.
- Brain/Health Workshop Handout link.
- "Walk To" resources. (Pick a mission destination - your upcoming mission trip destination or a missionary location - and tally all the miles from the congregational members' exercise over a specific block of time. A simple way to engage a large segment of the congregation in healthy exercise and lift up specific missions.) Contact Karen Sue Murdy.
- Wholeness Wheel description from Wheat Ridge.
- Spark, by John Ratey; an excellent place to start on the power of exercise on the brain.
- Keeping the Sabbath Wholly: Ceasing, Resting, Embracing, Feasting - Marva Dawn; one of a number of books by Marva on the subject of sabbatical.
- Being Well When We're Ill: Wholeness and Hope in Spite of Infirmity. Marva Dawn.
- The Sense of the Call, A Sabbath Way of Life for Those Who Serve God, the Church and the World. Marva Dawn.
- Dana.org - a clearing house for news on brain research related to patients and caregivers, Seniors, Educators, and kids.
- Brain Rules - John Medina.
- Playworks.org - focused on helping kids play well at recess.
I'm always interested in hearing about resources you've found helpful. Contact me.