Library programs for you community
Our programs are aimed at adults or children and provide an interactive look at current brain research on how exercise, diet and play affect the brain for good. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for local references or more info.
Set Your School Apart.
The research is clear: Exercise, a healthy diet and play are three of the simplest and most powerful ways to: boost academic success and reduce behavioral issues in a school. Simple? Yes. Easy? No. Despite the mounting evidence, many schools are heading in the opposite direction and are reducing recess and P.E. time.
This workshop will introduce you to the strong research on how dramatically exercise, diet and play can improve school performance. There will be live examples and practical application on each area and the application will apply to teacher and administrator health and performance as well as student health and performance. Everyone wins!
Useful for Teacher In-Service events and for Parent workshops - parents are critical variables for success.
Time Frame: 90 minute minimum; three hours provides the best chance for success, allowing time to process current practices and plan for small and incremental changes.
Contact Mark for more info.
1. Increased knowledge of current brain research as it relates to health and wellness, with personal, family and classroom application.
2. Improved planning for the classroom, taking advantage of current knowledge of the brain and current high interest in health and wellness issues to:
- build stronger engagement by the students;
- boost academic performance for all students;
- mitigate behavioral problems in some students, with a corresponding boost in their academic performance.
3. Increased interest and energy for improving and maintaining personal health with options that are simple and effective.