Recharge Your Congregation.
Brain research exposes the ruts that develop in our thinking. This workshop will help your church leaders understand the process of 'auto-pilot' and 'habituation' - two ways our brains tend to get into ruts. Through a process tailored to your congregation the workshop will open up possibilities in thinking. Through concrete examples of various congregations around the country, the workshop will spur new ideas for community engagement. ("Church leaders" includes called staff and elected/lay leaders in the church.)
Length of workshop negotiable. No less than 90 minutes; best between two and three hours. Contact Mark for more info.
1. Increased knowledge of current brain research as it relates to health and wellness and good biblical stewardship, with personal, congregational and classroom application.
2. Improved understanding of the brain's reliance on an 'auto-pilot' system for making decisions and how to move out of auto-pilot with more purpose.
3. Improved planning for meeting agendas, worship, service, outreach and education, taking advantage of current knowledge of the brain and current high interest in health and wellness issues to build stronger engagement by the students and the worshipers and stronger congregational connections to the community.
4. Increased understanding and sensitivity to ministry opportunities in the congregation and community focused on health and wellness.
5. Increased interest and energy for improving and maintaining personal health with options that are simple and effective.